My client is looking for a Senior Mainframe Storage Engineer to join the Mainframe Storage team. This role will be expected to interact with internal customers and have Mainframe experience installing, configuring, supporting the storage environment as well as supporting software. To be successful in this role, you should be enthusiastic about learning about new technologies such as utilizing Cloud technologies and looking at software solutions to assist the Business such as Data Virtualization or CDC. Furthermore, you should also have a futuristic perspective on what the mainframe is capable of, be able to think beyond the box, and enjoy new technologies.
- Has 7+ years of related work experience
- Management of all mainframe storage and Virtual tape storage hardware
- Primary administrator and advanced understanding of DFSMS suite of storage tools (SMS, RMM, HSM, DFP, DSS, etc)
- Monitor system performance to proactively avoid storage issues.
- Produce and maintains historical performance data for trend analysis and future capacity planning.
- Implement mainframe backup and recovery strategies to protect the business data for both onsite, offsite and disaster recovery.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and management of storage and performance related products such as TREX, DBS, X37, PDSMAN, etc
- Experience with large storage environments.
- Point in Time Backup knowledge and Replication/Mirroring technologies.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery development, testing, & implementation
- Understanding of VSAM Record Level Sharing (RLS)
- Experience with ICF Catalog management
- Support of various types of VSAM structures, VSAM allocation and tuning.
- Advanced understanding of IBM DS8K Storage platforms, IBM TS7700 family of Virtual Tape subsystems
- Understanding/use of technologies such as SafeGuarded Copy, Pervasive Encryption, Remote Pair Flash Copy, SKLM and Copy Services Manager
- Hands on experience with the IBM DS8K Storage, TS7000 Virtual Tape Subsystem and various GDPS options.
- Familiar with Mainframe Storage utilizing available cloud technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides day to day support for the Mainframe Storage environment.
- Provides rotating on-call support.
- Resolves production issues.
- Performs Mainframe Storage capacity planning to monitor space
- Takes proactive steps to prevent issues
- Work with Mainframe applications and z/OS teams to troubleshoot complex problems
- Designs, builds and deploys solutions across the relevant infrastructure technologies, including Humana’s Azure tenant.
- Designs automation of infrastructure as a service and capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, web sites, data services, IOT, etc.
- Leads technical deployments that involve multiple IT teams and stakeholders.
- Provides technical direction to meet the internal needs.
- Develops and enhances the orchestration and automation of cloud enablement tools.
- Designs a highly scalable and redundant physical or virtual infrastructure to support the company’s future growth.
- Provides innovative suggestions for complex implementation solutions.
- Creates documentation and implementation plans to allow support teams to build and manage the relevant environment.
- Stays abreast of current technologies and makes recommendations based on knowledge and research.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of company’s strategic business plans.
- Collaborates with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gain buy-in for all on premise/cloud infrastructure plans.
- Provides architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to IT and business partners.
- Documents and develops in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture/on premise/cloud infrastructure and technology portfolio.
- Develops and manages an infrastructure capacity plan.
- Develops, documents, communicates, and enforces a technology standards policy.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Develops, documents, recommends, and communicates plans for investing in IT infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
This is a permanent role, based in Carlow, with a hybrid work environment with 1-2 days in office and the rest remote.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland/EU.
Excellent salary and package available that includes pension and health insurance.
All applications will be dealt with in strict confidence.
Please do not hesitate to Contact David Coyle at 01 6351748 or email email@example.com