My client is looking to hire an experienced Infrastructure Engineer responsible for supporting the Aveva PI Design and Implementation Project in Cork.. They are looking for someone who is looking utilise their skills to develop solutions and manage project activities, exhibiting a critical thinking and results-oriented mindset. It is an exciting opportunity to shape your career with a global IT player where you will have the autonomy to enhance your skills.
They are growing their team in Ireland and looking to foster a positive and nurturing work environment. Their clients include some of the biggest brands in Ireland, EU and worldwide. They offer the potential to grow your career, while being exposed to new technologies and to work closely with the range of teams within the business to bring products to life. You’ll collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Support, automate and implement Windows and Physical or Virtual redundancy server, firewall, IDS, and IPS.
- Oversee the Windows, and Virtualization/HCIs (Nutanix, ESXi, Simplivity) within our organisation.
- Understand existing server or system access policy and deployment strategy.
- Implement and maintain the Windows server environments, as well as managing the virtualization infrastructure utilizing Nutanix, ESXi, and Simplicity solutions.
- Ensure the optimal performance, availability, and security of these systems.
- Perform system maintenance and troubleshooting activities when required.
- Ability to work outside regular office hours for system maintenance or troubleshooting activities.
- Extensive industry experience with relevant experience in Infra design & installation.
- Proficiency in scripting and automation languages (e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Python) to streamline administrative tasks.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, storage systems, and backup and recovery methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify, diagnose, and resolve technical issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work under guidance and effectively prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment Desired experience.
- Specific experience within the Consumer, OTC, or pharmaceutical industry is a must, GMP experience is must.
Good to have:
- Experience in a highly regulated environment is preferred.
- Any Relevant Certifications related to Windows, Linux or Virtualization would be valuable.
- Knowledge on AWS and Azure desirable.
Job Type: Fixed-Term Contract (12 Months)
Location: Cork – Onsite
You must be eligible to work in Ireland/EU.
Please do not hesitate to Contact David Coyle at 01 6351748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org