Excellent opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join a growing and expanding SME in Oranmore, Co. Galway. My client provides a range of Gardening, Agricultural and Veterinary products for the Irish, UK and EU markets. You will join the existing Finance team and report directly to the CFO. They are an ambitious and open minded company that foster a positive and supportive environment for their employees.
- Responsibility for managing a large debtor’s ledger of customers;
- Manage and allocate bank payments daily, reconciliation of bank accounts;
- Processing receipts, debits, credits & transfers on accounts package;
- Account reconciliations, customer rebate & discounts calculations;
- Management of invoice discounting facility;
- Management of credit terms/limits and company policies in respect of same;
- Extensive liaison with internal members of staff and customers to ensure invoice/query-handling procedures are adhered to;
- Executing well-planned collection initiatives to ensure payment deadlines are met;
- Resolving customers and management queries as required with speed, accuracy and efficiency;
- Setting up new customer accounts after performing relevant credit checks;
- Month end close;
- Ensure that all prepared communications are accurately documented in a timely manner;
- Assist in reception and telephone management;
- Assisting in various accounting duties daily as required;
- Supporting management staff with implementation of procedures;
- Ability to suggest, demonstrate, implement and support process improvement;
- Prepare and analyse regular business reports;
- Support of internal and external audit requests.
- Irish Institute of Credit Management qualification or similar desirable;
- Excellent communication skills and an excellent telephone manner;
- Fluent English essential;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills;
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience is essential;
- A proven track record in debt collection;
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team;
- SAP Business One accounts package experience desirable but not a pre-requisite;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
This is a permanent role based in Oranmore, Co. Galway. Flexible working hours available.
The remuneration package on offer will reflect the importance of the role and the experience of the successful candidate. Good benefits and bonus package.
Candidates Must be eligible to work in the EU/Ireland,
All applications will be dealt with in strict confidence.
Please do not hesitate to Contact David Coyle at 01 6351748 or email email@example.com